Quinebaug Valley Youth Lacrosse Registration
This is the first stop to register for the LAX season. All registrations for QVYL will be online. This will eliminate the need to duplicate data. Additionally, family data will be saved from one season to the next and from one child to the next. The registration dates have been moved up again this year as we attempt to determine how many teams we will field at each level. Within a couple weeks, we will be able to process credit card payments. Finally, please read this entire page before beginning the registration process.
Steps to Register:
- Register with US Lacrosse. The fee is $25 and you can register online (US Lacrosse Registration). If you are a returning family you can renew your membership at this time. Our registration will redirect you to the US Lacrosse registration site. Our registration process will take you to US Lacrosse.
- Write down your US Lacrosse number. You will need it later.
- Returning families will use the email address and password from previous years. Our system can send your password if you have forgotten it.
- Have your health insurance information including policy numbers.
- Have parent contact information handy.
- Select the link on the left that says Register Online
- After registering your first child, you will have the ability register siblings.
- The process should take less than eight minutes per child.
- After registering, you will need to mail your payment to:
Quinebaug Valley Youth Lacrosse
PO Box 12
Pomfret Center, CT 06259
Your registration is not complete until payment, via check, has been received. Participants that have not paid in full by the first practice may be excluded from the program.
- Open registration for all families will be available on our website beginning October 30th.
- Registration will close on February 28th for BOYS and GIRLS Bantam, Junior and Senior teams (if space permits - see team maximums below).
- Registration will close on April 1st for all instructional teams.
- The season will begin approximately late March or early April (depending on weather).
- The season will complete approximately the second weekend in June.
There is no limit to the number of players on an instructional or any girls team.
For the boys junior and senior teams – to create the best teaching and learning environment for all players - we will limit roster sizes to 20 players. This will ensure that all players receive the individual attention to help them to develop as lacrosse players and to allow ample playing time in games.
Once the 20 player maximum has been reached, and alternate list will start based on the date the registration is received. A second team will be created if a minimum of 10 additional players have registered AND 3 parents volunteer to coach. Players who are alternates will be allowed to attend all practices and tournaments, and play in games if space is available.
If two teams are formed at the boys junior and senior levels, an A and B team will be selected through a tryout process.
All participants must be members of US Lacrosse. It is easiest to first register with US Lacrosse (or renew) and write down your membership number before starting the QVYL registration form. Your US Lacrosse membership includes program insurance, a monthly copy of LACROSSE MAGAZINE, and numerous discounts. During the registration process, you will have the ability to confirm the status of your US Lacrosse membership. All memberships must be active through June 15, 2017.
- Boys / Girls Instructional (grades K-2) - $40
- Boys / Girls Bantam (grades 3-4) - $80
- Boys / Girls Junior (grades 5-6) and Senior (grades 7-8) - $80
Tuition includes practices, games, balls, medical fees, officials, administrative costs.
Tuition does not include tournaments (junior and senior teams typically play in 2-3 tournaments per season). Note – tournaments are optional and usually last one half to one full day. Cost is approximately $10 - $15 per tournament per player.
All families must be paid in full prior to the first practice unless other arrangements have been made.
The Quinebaug Valley Youth Lacrosse board feels strongly that no child shall be excluded due to program costs. Financial aid is available for families that find our the tuition to be prohibitive. Please contact us for more information.
All players, regardless of age, purchase a reversible pinnie to keep. If you son or daughter has a pinnie from a previous season, they can use that. Pinnies are used in all practices and tournaments. Teams that will be playing games against other towns (Bantam, Junior and Senior teams) will be required to purchase shorts (boys) or skirts (girls). The cost is $50 and you can choose the size when you register. Short and skirt styles will be kept the same for at least three seasons. Families have the option of keeping their shorts or skirts from the previous season. Game jerseys will be returned at the end of the season.
Prior to March 15, the registration fee is refundable minus a $25 administrative fee per participant. After March 15, no refunds are available.
Players provide their own equipment. Major distributors such as Dicks Sporting Goods, Lax.com and Commonweathlacrosse.com has excellent beginner packages.
- Instructional Division: Girls / Boys in grades K-2
- Bantam Division: Girls / Boys in grades 3-4
- Junior Division: Girls / Boys in grades 5-6
- Senior Division: Girls / Boys in grades 7-8
Participants are welcome from the towns in northeast CT and neighboring towns in RI and MA.
All participants must be current members of US Lacrosse. Please register with US Lacrosse first and write down the membership number.
We feel strongly that young athletes should participate in a variety of different sports and not specialize in any one sport. As lacrosse is a spring sport, we will not require participation in the fall or winter seasons. However, we expect that lacrosse will be your main team activity during the spring season.
- Instructional Division will practice one weekend morning or one week night per week.
- Bantam Division will practice two evenings per week. Once games begin, players can expect one game per week with our best effort to play games on weekends.
- Junior Division will practice two evenings per week and likely have one weekend game once the season has begun.
- Senior Division will practice two evenings per week and have one to two games on weekends and possibly on week nights.
Home games and practices will take place at Pomfret School and other area fields. We will make every effort to schedule games on weekends (Friday nights through Sunday afternoons) but we can not control league schedules and restrictions for other towns. Away games can be scheduled as far away as 90 minutes based on league obligations.
Quniebaug Valley Youth Lacrosse is a travel lacrosse program and not an intramural or house program. Players are expected to attend all games – home and away. Parents are expected to provide transportation.